Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had put an update here, but may have jumped the gun a bit. Will post an update when I'm more sure of my situation.
    Last edited by AnglicanBeachParty; 12-18-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Hello Doc Ogden & VJ,

I've been going to an HRT clinic for a while now. They prescribe up to 400mg of testosterone cypionate/week + other AAS like nandrolone decanoate and oxandrolone.

Since I am legally scripted these items, my question is on the health implications of using these substances in low doses on a semi-regular basis. Assuming I'm getting bloodwork and checking my blood pressure (and these are in range), how dangerous is it really to alternate between 8-10 weeks of 150mg testosterone and 10-12 weeks of 300-400 testosterne + either 200 mg deca/week or 25mg-50mg anavar /day (scripted by the clinic).

I feel like these are baby doses compared to what I've seen on the internet, but I've made good progress with them so far. I know just because I'm obtaining them legally doesn't mean that it is healthy for me. I'm in my early 30s and otherwise healthy.

I know this is difficult to answer, but am wondering your thoughts on the health implications of this unconventional scripted HRT. My end goal is not to compete, but just to give myself a boost in performance and looking and feeling my best, while keeping health in mind.

Thanks!
      Last edited by punisher; 12-31-2018, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Hey docs! Quick question on leg training after minor knee surgery. I'm having a meniscectomy in a week. I know the recovery is not intensive, but I'm not wanting to push it back to injury in the gym. I plan on doing some DDP Yoga for a month or two after, thanks Vij I assume the best way to get back in the gym is not jumping straight back into the heavy weights, etc. I just wanted your input on how you would go about getting back into leg/back training after this.

Comment

• Hey guys!

I love your guy's show. It's a toss up with this, Blood Sweat Gear, and BNR.
          I asked tjis question on BSG too and I feel like this may be a silly question or maybe the wrong one to ask it on, but I was recently listening to another podcast where a guy was drug tested and banned by the US Anti-Doping Agency for taking DHEA.
          I am baffled at why it's banned by sports when it can be purchased at any drug store or even Wal-Mart. I was wondering if you knew what possible performance benefit or dangers would it have to make it banned?

Thanks guys!
          Would love to hear Dr Ogden on BNR again.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnglicanBeachParty View Post
            I had put an update here, but may have jumped the gun a bit. Will post an update when I'm more sure of my situation.
            Looking forward to the update! Hope all is well!

Comment

• Is there any difference between egg whites from whole eggs (where you manually remove the yolks) vs. pre-packaged cartons of liquid egg whites?

What about between liquid egg whites and liquid egg substitute (e.g., Eggbeaters brand)?

Comment

• Hi guys, I’m a 41 year old woman who used to run to lose weight. I recently started weightlifting, my body changed fast and I have built a good amount of muscle and lost even more body fat in about 4 months. So I’m looking great now and just trying to get better. My problem is since starting the weight training my body temp has gone up a lot, I’m hot all the time, it’s almost unbearable and this has just happened since starting weightlifting. I thought I was hitting early menopause, but have had all my hormones checked and everything is in range, so it’s not that. I don’t know if you have ever experienced this or heard of it happening, any help or advice you could give would be appreciated. Thank you love the show

Comment

• Hi again, docs. I've learned a lot since the last time I posted. This current post is meant only as an update for you guys ... not something for you to slog through on the podcast. I don't really have any question at the moment, but I may in a month or so.

So, the results of the 3-medication "shotgun" approach:

1. The doxycycline (antibiotic) did nothing.
                  2. The Bentyl did help the bladder pain quite a bit (I would say, reduced it by about 75%), as well as cleared up some chronic diarrhea I was having.
                  3. Since the Bentyl didn't work 100%, I still tried the 3rd med (Lioresal / baclofen). That didn't help at all.

So, I went back to the Bentyl for the time being. It's really pretty good at managing the pain.

Then, today, I saw my urologist again. Unlike last visit in October (when she seemed to be out of ideas), she was full of energy and all kinds of ideas today. Basically, she has suggestions for me on 3 major fronts: (1) Kidney Stone Formation; (2) Bladder Pain; and (3) Prostate Health.

1. Kidney Stone Formation. We went over my results from the last 24-hour urine capture, which are still quite bad. Sodium, Urea Nitrogen, Creatinine, Uric Acid, and Oxalate are all HIGH, out of normal range. She gave me some revised dietary guidelines to help remedy this situation, and will refer me to an endocrinologist.

2. Bladder Pain. She is fine with the Bentyl that my PCP prescribed for me. But she said that at some point, I may want to experiment with some more bladder-specific relaxers.

3. Prostate Health. She did a blood draw for yet another PSA test. And she did a Digital Rectal Exam to check pelvic floor tightness and the prostate. Pelvic floor seemed fine. If not, she would have recommended Physical Therapy for that. Prostate, however, maybe not so good. She found a "pea-sized nodule", which is worrisome. So, I'll need to get a biopsy for that (Feb 4), and see if maybe I have prostate cancer. Depending on what the biopsy shows, we'll go from there. May have to go off HRT, she said.

Side note on the prostate biopsy: She said, "Don't worry, the incidence of sepsis is only about 1 or 2 percent!" Well, that calmed me right down. Still, it's got to be done.

Comment

Working...
                  X