This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Sweat and Gear Q/A thread

Skip and S2H are back. I'm hosting. Every other week, BSG will air on opposite weeks from Muscle Minds. So let's get the ball rolling. We are hitting the ground running with this one. First episode records on Monday. You know the drill. Got a question for Scott or Skip? Let's hear it here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, great.

Whats the difference between BS&G and Muscle Minds apart from different hosts?

Comment

Pumped for this!!!

Here is my question, "What's the difference between the different carbohydrate types (glucose, dextrose, fructose) in terms of driving a post-workout insulin spike?".

For example, regular soda is full of sugar, why would this be a bad idea post-workout (if it would)?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOx View Post
        yes, great.

Mainly that...different hosts and they are on different weeks. Muscle Minds will air one week, then BSG will air the following. So that way, we always have something to listen to and we get the very unique perspectives from a lot of guys we all respect. This is something I have thought about implementing for awhile. You might not see it as a listener, but committing to a regular weekly show can become a burden. So if any of the guys want to record more often and I can fit it into my schedule, I'd be happy to. Otherwise, we can do EOW with each show and the listening audience can still get a great show every week.

Also, I want to note that I'm making separate threads for each show so that it's easy for the hosts to keep track of. For instance, Dr Scott likes to put a fair amount of research into formulating his responses so this way, we dont need to worry about BSG answering a question that he already invested a lot of time preparing for
        Last edited by Scott McNally; 12-10-2016, 12:39 AM. Reason: additional thought

Comment

Originally posted by Scott McNally View Post

Mainly that...different hosts and they are on different weeks. Muscle Minds will air one week, then BSG will air the following. So that way, we always have something to listen to and we get the very unique perspectives from a lot of guys we all respect. This is something I have thought about implementing for awhile. You might not see it as a listener, but committing to a regular weekly show can become a burden. So if any of the guys want to record more often and I can fit it into my schedule, I'd be happy to. Otherwise, we can do EOW with each show and the listening audience can still get a great show every week.

Also, I want to note that I'm making separate threads for each show so that it's easy for the hosts to keep track of. For instance, Dr Scott likes to put a fair amount of research into formulating his responses so this way, we dont need to worry about BSG answering a question that he already invested a lot of time preparing for

Yeah, i see what you mean.

This will be interesting.

Comment

Yeah, i see what you mean.

This will be interesting.
            I hope so We will see! I think we already know that we have 2 working formulas here. As Skip was saying on Advices, thats the tough part, getting people that gel. Nothing EVER goes as planned so I'm sure something will come up haha, but we have the foundations laid. Now its time to commence with an experiment haha. Thats all this stuff is anyway right? One big experiment

Comment

Originally posted by Scott McNally View Post

I hope so We will see! I think we already know that we have 2 working formulas here. As Skip was saying on Advices, thats the tough part, getting people that gel. Nothing EVER goes as planned so I'm sure something will come up haha, but we have the foundations laid. Now its time to commence with an experiment haha. Thats all this stuff is anyway right? One big experiment
              I have a feeling both show are going to be a smashing success!! They appeal to different audiences. Jordan and Scott can bring the science and details from studies to answe questions which a lot of ppl like. Then S2h and skip will bring the 100 years of I tried that and it almost fucked me up and didn't work perspective with some awesome stories. I personally can't wait for both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ogden
                I personally can't wait for my own show with Veej.
                Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by ucsumma View Post

Fixed
                  Lmao! You just caused a real Ogden outburst of laughter!

Comment

yes, great.

were better looking and older..
                    Advancedtrainingtech.com
                    ProjectAD.com

Comment

I posed this question on Medical Muscle but since it's still an issue I'd love to get your guys take on it.

I'm in an offseason phase so eating above maintenance and labs showed no nutritional deficiencies. I'm on Test and EQ (offseason doses) but no orals.

My fingernails and toenails are BROWN. They haven't always been brown, they turned brown.

Have you ever seen this happen with someone you've coached? Any idea what could be causing it or how to solve?

Comment

Originally posted by ucsumma
                        I posed this question on Medical Muscle but since it's still an issue I'd love to get your guys take on it.

I'm in an offseason phase so eating above maintenance and labs showed no nutritional deficiencies. I'm on Test and EQ (offseason doses) but no orals.

My fingernails and toenails are BROWN. They haven't always been brown, they turned brown.

Have you ever seen this happen with someone you've coached? Any idea what could be causing it or how to solve?

Have your girl start using baby wipes before those crazy Saturday nights.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nags

Have your girl start using baby wipes before those crazy Saturday nights.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                          But wouldn't her nails be brown then?

Wait, what?

Comment

Excited to connect! Thanks for doing this.

I'm still a total newbie in the world of Bodybuilding and sometimes I have trouble focusing on my workouts. Do you have any tips? If you recommend preworkout, do you know of any that are good for people sensitive to them? Last time I took one I felt like I was on speed and I was up until 2:00 am cleaning my apartment like some kind of crackhead. Thanks, Scott!

Comment

Scott touched briefly on his dnp experience and said he was given a plan. Any way he'd share his exact diet? All types of carbs (he said fruit specifically)Types of fruit, timing of the carbs etc

Comment

Working...
                              X