Whats your diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your diet?

Whats your current diet? current goals? what adjustments have you made the past weeks and what did those adjustments do for you?

How much do you usually diet on, how much do you usually bulk on?

do you prefer high carb/protein, low fat? high fat/medium carb/high protein? What have you noticed with different macronutrient ratios in a surplus and/or deficit?

You're welcome to list your whole diet by meal1, 2, 3,, 4.. and so on

tldr: talk about your diet and experiences with it. You're also welcome to share ideas for improving digestion, nurtient partitioning and whatever else related to you nutritional practices.
    Last edited by WhiteOx; 04-23-2017, 12:52 AM.

I just switched my carb/ protein ratio to see what happens. Workout 6 days a week with 20 min cardio 4 days a week. This is the trial bulk cycle week 1-4.

Bfast: 4 whole eggs, 1 egg white, 2 slices Ezekiel whole grain bread, 2 TBS natural peanut butter, half cup dried measured oats.

Mid morning: 8oz Swai, 1 cup sweet potatoes, 2 cups green beans, 1 oz almonds.

Lunch: 6 oz venison, 2 cups white rice, 2 cups green beans.

Mid day: 6oz chicken breast, 1 cup sweet potato, 2 cups green beans.

Dinner: 6 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 2.5 cups broccoli

Snack: .5 cups cottage cheese, .25 cups dried cranberry, 4 TBSP Honey.

Post workout: 2 scoops chocolate protein.

Roughly 4030 Cals, 357 G protein, 488 g carbs, 88 g fat. (Macro goal 55% carb, 25% pro, 20% fat)

My last run had me stuck at 227 and couldn't get off. Plan is to try and jump 500 Cals every 4 weeks. Will watch body comp and calipers for possible changes (good or bad). Goal is 260 at 11 to 14%BF at 6'1". This is my first run at doing this on my own. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Devin68691 View Post
      I just switched my carb/ protein ratio to see what happens. Workout 6 days a week with 20 min cardio 4 days a week. This is the trial bulk cycle week 1-4.

Bfast: 4 whole eggs, 1 egg white, 2 slices Ezekiel whole grain bread, 2 TBS natural peanut butter, half cup dried measured oats.

Mid morning: 8oz Swai, 1 cup sweet potatoes, 2 cups green beans, 1 oz almonds.

Lunch: 6 oz venison, 2 cups white rice, 2 cups green beans.

Mid day: 6oz chicken breast, 1 cup sweet potato, 2 cups green beans.

Dinner: 6 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 2.5 cups broccoli

Snack: .5 cups cottage cheese, .25 cups dried cranberry, 4 TBSP Honey.

Post workout: 2 scoops chocolate protein.

Roughly 4030 Cals, 357 G protein, 488 g carbs, 88 g fat. (Macro goal 55% carb, 25% pro, 20% fat)

My last run had me stuck at 227 and couldn't get off. Plan is to try and jump 500 Cals every 4 weeks. Will watch body comp and calipers for possible changes (good or bad). Goal is 260 at 11 to 14%BF at 6'1". This is my first run at doing this on my own. Should be interesting.

Looks good, what were the macros before? Have you found changing the macros like this work before when you have stalled?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOx

Looks good, what were the macros before? Have you found changing the macros like this work before when you have stalled?
        Macros were flipped for carbs and protein. Old macro was 55% pro and 25% carbs. This is a first for me to swap. Trainer is not to keen on the idea, but I have to know what happens. Was on previous macro setup for 12 months. I have no clue what's going to happen, but we don't know if we don't try.

Comment

Current diet is a high protein, moderate carbs/fat.

meal 1: 5 egg whites 2 whole eggs, 60g or 3/4 cup of oat meal and blueberries or strawberries or banana

meal 2: 6 oz chicken breast and half a cup of rice either brown or white

meal 3: 6 oz salmon 3 oz avocado 150grams of sweet potato or yams

meal 4: 6oz chicken breast or ground turkey 99/1 and 3/4 cup or rice either brown or white

meal 5: 2 scoops protein made into sludge and 2 oz of mixed nuts. OR 1 scoop of protein and 2 scoops of greek yogurt and 2oz mixed nuts

with every meal I have a side salad with mixed greens( romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, onions, tomato)
          and some fermented food like kimchi or sauerkraut with every meal

macros are around 220 protein 250 carbs and 65 fat (not exact)

I'm not bulking or cutting I'm just doing a modified recomp where I'm training balls to the wall and I'm letting the food show the changes

Comment

Currently bulking to 180 I’d like to compete in about a year or so.
            Adding in carbs weekly.
            Meal 1: cup of egg whites, scoop of isolate and cup of oat meal or pop tarts.
            Meal 2: same
            Meal:3 lb of chicken breast and 50grams of carbs
            Meal 4: cup of egg whites scoop of isolate and pb
            meal 5: 2 tilapia fliets or 2chicken breast and asparagus and pb
            meal 6: cup of egg whites scoop of isolate and pb

2 days a week of eat anything I want

Comment

Working...
            X